Morning surf sessions are vital. Although they don’t leave much time (or energy) for getting ready post-slide, we have Mother Nature to thank for helping us out. The transition from sea to land isn’t as tough as we think. Mermaid style is effortless. It is as simple as cutoffs over a bikini and coconut oil in your hair… minimal or no make-up and gold dainty jewelry. The little secret to the mermaid muse is… it’s easy. And we like easy. Because let’s face it.. we’d rather be surfing. Here are a few style tips every sea babe should know:
1. Find jewelry you can wear in and out of the water. I am constantly in and out of the water and I don’t have time to be taking my jewelry on and off. Tiny Devotions has an awesome line of feel-good jewelry that literally exude positive energy as soon as you put them on. I have this stack that came with me to Maui.. in the water, sand, and all elements.
It was packaged with a lovely reminder of what each bracelet represented. This is a bettering stack - The ‘how to” of awesomeness for the strong goddess. A pretty reminder of how strong you truly are.
- Faceted Labradorite: The stone of good fortune and new beginnings. Labradorite also helps with a good aura. Cultivating a good energy attracts fabulous things.
- Faceted Pyrite: The stone of luck and fire and protection. For the fiery spirit who get’s things done.
- Faceted Hematitle: This is a strength stone and grounding. In ancient times, Hematite was actually used as a mirror - a vision into oneself. If you don’t think you’re strong, who will?
2. Coconut Oil is your best friend. Head on over to your local health food store and pick up a jar of this goodness. You will use it for EVERYTHING.
3. Sunscreen, Sunscreen, Sunscreen. If you love the ocean as much as I do, you should make sure to give your skin constant TLC. Protection and post-nourishing skin-care is extremely important.
4. Effortless beach waves are a forever yes. Don’t have time to run to the ocean to get your hair all salty? There is still hope to waking up with those beach locks you love. This, this, and this. You’ll thank me later.
5. Always keep a bikini, beach blanket, and sandals in the back of your car. Enough said.
6. Save money on clothes, so you can buy surfboards and pretty fins. Find awesome statement pieces from your favorite brands, and then stick with the basics. Boyfriend jeans, vintage washed tee’s, cutoff’s, and bikinis are pretty much what I’ve been living in lately.
7. Sun-kissed skin can be safe. Bronzer will give you an extra glow, you won’t have to do much more (this is the one I use and I will never go back to any other brand.. Leaves my skin bright and sun kissed all day long). My usual beauty routine consists of tamed brows, a dust of bronzer, blush, and a little illuminating powder.
8. Less is more. Makeup is used to compliment your beauty, not cover it up. Use the “less is more” mentality when applying and let your beauty shine through. It gives you more time to enjoy little things, like your favorite cup of tea in the morning, or one extra wave.
9. Get a good pair of sunnies. Keep your eyes happy and find a pair of sunglasses you love. Sunglasses are like a marriage.. you’ll want them forever and feel kind of lost without them. I literally take mine everywhere. Everywhere. I wear them more than I wear shoes.
10. Smile. It’s good for the soul.
Now get off the computer and go in the ocean, you mermaid.
To order any Arbonne products, use I.D. #14985021. Any questions or comments, please email email@example.com. *Sign up perk for $20 to receive 20% off now and future orders.